Sunday, February 05, 2006

His perfect timing

After one month of unemployment, I'll have to admit that I was getting pretty discouraged about ever finding a job. I found myself pretty depleted financially and I was seriously beginning to worry about how I was going to make ends meet. Just when I found myself completely drained emotionally and extremely frustrated with my whole situation, my Abba stepped in and proved himself to me in a way that I have, up until then, never experienced. He opened a door for me to beginning working for a landscaping company here in Greenville and it was clear that He opened the door. He waited until the last minute to step in and show me that He was still in control and was looking after His child.

The picture above is of a stone patio that I helped install last week. We layed all the stones out and I grouted the whole thing in by hand, using a large concrete pastry bag. I am still paying the price of handling concrete with my bare hands....they're peeling like mad. I'm not sure I've ever worked so hard in my and that's taking into account all my years of bailing hay and shoveling horse manure. I am just overwhelmed and amazed by my Father's love and care. He knows exactly what I need and exactly when I need it. It talks about His looking out for us in Matthew and I can honestly say that I've seen it first hand. Our Heavenly Father knows what I need and wants to give me good gifts. I find rest and comfort in knowing that I can rest in my Father's care. Oh how sweet to trust in Jesus!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Nice workmanship, you manual laborer, you. I'm pretty impressed. At the end of each day all I have to show is a small bag of dehydrated apple chunks.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home