Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Changes

So it seems like so much has happened since the last time I posted. I guess that's probably because it has. Since my last post I have a new job, a new apartment and a new enthusiasm about "growing up". It's funny, because just a few weeks ago I was writing about my job interview from hell and how my "make-believe" job was quite satisfactory to me. The truth is, I knew down deep that I had to make some changes in my life, but I was unsure as to when and how that was going to happen. If I've learned anything over the past year it's that I'm not in the driver's seat of my life. So it is no surprise to me when God steers me in the complete opposite direction I was headed. In a two-week period, He opened the door for me to vacate the roach motel and move into a condo with my new-found friend Erica and also opened the door for an "office job" and practically shoved me through it. I interviewed and accepted the job in the same day and it was a tremendous blessing. I guess it's what I termed earlier: a real job. I work 8:30 to 5:30, have a 401K and full insurance! Woohoo! I can't tell you how excited I am to get my teeth cleaned. Ecstatic! So my life is changing and it encourages me to once again see that my Father knows what I need and gives it to me just when I need it and not when I think I need it. I look forward to this next phase of my life-journey. I have no doubt that it will be anything but predictable!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beka,
I'm glad to hear that you've left the roach-infested nast-house. Leslie was telling me about it the other day and I kept shuddering. No one needs that. No one deserves that.

Good luck on this new adventure. We should keep each other posted on how we like the "real world". I think it's kinda scary.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Here's to the "real world".

Most of me is really excited for you in this new phase. But a little part of me hates to see you leave your unique little freedoms that you've used and abused this last year. I'm going to miss calling you at any hour of the day and knowing you will answer the phone. And planning roadtrips that may or may not happen.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home