Monday, February 19, 2007

13 miles




this past weekend marked the completion of my second mini-marathon. i never thought i'd live to see the day, but i actually enjoy running and enjoyed running 13.1 miles yet again. granted, it was a frigid 26 degrees when we began the race at 6:30 am, but that quickly passed and i settled into my rhythm. 2 hours and 17 minutes later, i crossed the finish line alongside my new-found friend Andrea. it sounds crazy to some people to voluntarily run that long of a distance, but there's something completely exhilerating about crossing that finish line. i enjoyed it so much, i've signed up for yet another mini-marathon. this time i'll be headed to louisville, kentucky and joining melissa mott in the kentucky derby festival mini-marathon. call me crazy, but sometimes we fail to enjoy things because we are deterred from trying them. never again!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beka,

I'm glad to hear it went well, and that you love running. At least someone I know can love it with me. Although, I must say, I have no inkling to run a mini-marathon. But I do love going running. Today marked the first day since the winter began that I was able to run outside. Lovely day! Congrats on finishing #2 and good luck with the third.

Thanks for stating "sometimes we fail to enjoy things because we are deterred from trying them." I think that speaks directly to ME.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Though I do not enjoy running, I do it because I love to eat. But that is not the point here. What I want to say is, "You are amazing, I am in awe, you rock!"

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, congrats about completing your second mini...that is my goal someday...

Here is our website

blackwhitetan.blogspot.com

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home