Thursday, March 01, 2007

Enlightened

Last night, while watching tv, I stumbled across a concert being broadcast on the local public television network. Normally I wouldn't stop on that station, but then again they are normally airing old reruns of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood or Sesame Street. This time however, I was instantly intrigued. The concert was of a group named Celtic Woman and they had me hooked from the first note I heard.

I'm a music junkie. I pretty much love it all, but last night I was further introduced to a genre of music that up until that point had escaped my attention: traditional Celtic music. I've heard a lot of music, live and recorded, and I do not exaggerate when I say it was the most angelic thing I've ever heard. The group is comprised of five Irish women and one woman from New Zealand and they perform tradional and modern songs. The woman from New Zealand plays the violin and skips around the stage like a pixie while the five Irish women blend their voices together in song like nothing I've ever heard. It was awesome!

I loved it so much that I'm now planning on attending their concert when they come to Charlotte and have already purchased their latest cd off of iTunes. It was that good. And if you appreciate music at all, I highly suggest that you check this group out and embrace the angelic sounds of Celtic Woman.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I saw them on t.v. once too. They do pull one into their music, it's true.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home