Thursday, March 01, 2007

Seriously?

There was a story on msn.com today that caused me to say, out loud, "Seriously?"

The headline was something along the lines of: "10 Women Who Inspire Us & 10 Women Who Make Us Cringe". They started with the women who inspire us and rightly so. The list included Dr. Ruth Simmons who became the first African American woman to head an Ivy League University (Brown) and Kelly Perkins, who is a heart transplant survivor. There were others on the list who truly did foster some sense of admiration and inspiration on my part. I thought to myself, "this was a really nice article". That was until I read further and discovered the women that they declared as making us cringe.

The first woman listed was Paris Hilton and let's be honest, they're right. I don't feel the need to expound. Also on the list were rehab-bound Lindsay Lohan and Brittany Spears. Yes! Again, worthy of inclusion. But after beginning the list with those three, they go on to pretty much list seven women who have openly, or through prose, opposed the left-centered world in which we live. Ann Coulter. Granted, she can be a bit abbrasive at times, but cringeworthy? I don't think so. She merely speaks her mind, which happens to be a conservative, Christian, FOX news kind of mind. Also on the list were authors Phyllis Schlafly and Marabel Morgan who have done nothing but promote the profession of stay-at-home-moms. Seriously? These women are cringeworthy?

What's wrong with America?

I can think of a few women who really make me cringe: Hillary Clinton. Nancy Pelosi. Susan Sarandon. Rosie O'Donnel.

My cringe-reflex must be a little different. That's all I can say. Seriously!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home