Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Art of Me


As I was driving home last night, I found myself heading into a canvas of brilliant colors, each one seeming to separate itself from the next distinctive layer of skyline. It really was beautiful and I found myself, yet again, amazed by my God. He is the author and creator of fashion and beauty and we have only to look outside to see His work. As I pulled my car to the side of the road to snap this picture, I couldn't help but see my life as a skyline-like canvas on which God paints. There is a color or brush-stroke attacked to each situation and circumstance I encounter and my Heavenly Father is using them to create a masterpiece with my life. I do not know what the end result may be and to the world of critics it may look like a worthless piece of art, but I know that the Creator loves everything about it and has molded and created it for His glory and His purpose. And isn't that the true nature of art: creating something you love in spite of criticism and something that is, in essence, a little piece of yourself? To Him I am a priceless piece of art, bought with the blood of His Son, and created by Him and for Him for His glory and enjoyment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home