Sunday, May 28, 2006

Rendezvous



This past Thursday I was able to catch up with Megan and Leslie, which proves to be more and more difficult the farther they walk on the Appalachian Trail. Last time I saw them was in Franklin, NC about a month or so ago. This time, I caught up with them in Wythesville, VA. They needed a ride to the thriving metropololis of Pearisburg, Virginia and I was more than glad to resprise my role as the AT Shuttle. It only took me about four hours to get there and it was worth it. I can easily forget how much I miss my friends and even more so just how much I crave interaction with people my own age. I miss them! It was good to see them. We ended up staying in this five-star establishment called the "Rendezvous Motel" and the name pretty much says it all. It was sketchy on so many levels, but the time with friends was priceless. They're only about a fourth of the way in; 630 miles or so. They've got a long way to go still and I'm sure I will be willing to go a long way to catch up with them again. Who knows when or where that will be, but I can't wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Great pic. I've got to have that one. Priceless is right! Megan is still pissed about the price. We got a great room at the Comfort Inn in Troutville for $38 this week. Oops, Sorry Megan!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home