Friday, October 12, 2007

show off

i was talking with a friend this week about prayer. she has recently begun a prayer journal in which she writes down specific prayer requests to take to the Father. some people have disagreed with her on doing this because they think that by praying for specific things you "put God in a box". i disagree with those people.

now, i don't consider myself a deep thinker or a theologian, but this is what i believe about my God.....

i think He loves for me to ask Him for specific things. i think he loves for me to trust him with the details in my life. i think he loves to meet my needs in such a demonstrative way that i have to KNOW it was Him that did it. i think that by praying specifically, it gives God a chance to show up and show off. and i think He loves to show off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home