Sunday, April 22, 2007

I guess Spring is here....

The weather outside today is amazing. It's close to eighty degrees and with the warm weather comes a shift in the overall attitude over every single person affected. The sunshine just seems to put everyone in a better mood, make them happy, and give them this cheerfullness that doesn't exist until Spring arrives. It's almost as if with the new life brought by Spring comes a new life in the hearts of people. They are quick to dust off the strollers and go for walks down crowded subdivision sidewalks. Blankets are spread on the grass and covered with newly-committed readers of classic literature. Wool coats and boots are traded for shorts and a pair of flip-flops. When spring arrives, we all seem to come out of hibernation and begin our life again.

Today, as I sit and watch the people walk by the windows with smiles on their faces, enjoying the sunshine, I find myself unable to join them in their new-found joy. My heart hurts. It's still in one piece, thankfully, but it hurts. The sunshine outside can't seem to warm the chill I feel inside or heal the ache in my heart. I can't quite figure it out, but it feels like my heart is still curled up in a cave somwhere, sleeping off the Winter, unaware that Winter has come and gone and left Spring in its wake.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Sometimes the heart needs help finding its flip-flops and shorts, you know? But when it finally discards the cave for the swimming hole, it beats with a whole new meaning!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Beka. I hear ya, sister. I'm sorry your heart hurts. Somethings take longer to thaw.

3:25 PM  
Blogger The LeRoys said...

beka,
looking for a new post, old friend. have fun with the girls this weekend! i know sarah is really looking forward to being with you. three words: 'ppears to be.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home